memory managers & APL2/PC
Author Message
 memory managers & APL2/PC

 Yesterday Phil Viton pointed out that IBM's 32-bit APL2/PC is not
 compatible with a number of memory managers, including QEMM and
 EMM386.  However it IS compatible with HIMEM, and that's enough
 to permit use of large workspaces (I generally manage around 3.5M
 on a 5M machine with a few small utilities loaded).

 Unless I'm missing something, this means you can use AGSS oon a 386 PC,
 but you may need to switch around AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files.
 (The same is true of other major vendors' APLs, BTW).

 Nobody mentioned the barbaric ISPF-style user interface of AGSS; it's
 really a very powerful system, more-or-less comparable to StatGraphics
 in what it can do (and a LOT cheaper), but delivering end-user apps
 with what these days is a minimally acceptable interface (even in the
 character-oriented DOS world) would, IMO, require replacing the front
 end entirely.  Unless you have a good suite of screen driver utilities
 for APL2/PC handy, this would take a fair amount of work.

Sun, 14 May 1995 20:29:00 GMT

1. APL2/PC and memory managers

2. APL2/PC Memory Management

3. APL2/PC and memory in DOS/Windows

4. DIF files & APL2/PC

5. APL2/PC display font problem

6. APL2/PC display font problem

7. COMPLEX.QQ : necessary adjustments for use by APL2/PC

8. 32-bit APL2/PC under Windows

9. APL2/PC; ATF-file format

10. APL2/PC and DRDOS

11. APL2/PC Exchange Assembly files