Looking for York APL
Author Message
 Looking for York APL

This is really reaching ...

I'm looking for the old York APL system (it ran on IBM 360/370
computers circa 1975). With the Hercules IBM 370 emulator
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) it should be possible to bring York
APL back to life provided a distribution source can be located. I have
tried writing to York University and nobody there knows or replies.
Can anybody here point me to someone who can help?

...CPV

PS. We (Hercules users) are also looking for PL/C, AAEC Pascal,
AlgolW... all the old goodies ...

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:44:59 GMT
 Looking for York APL
If you can track down Gord Ramer, he was incharge of it in the late
60's, early '70s.  I've lost track of him over the years.

Ted

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:49:20 GMT
 Looking for York APL

Quote:

> If you can track down Gord Ramer, he was incharge of it in the late
> 60's, early '70s.  I've lost track of him over the years.

> Ted

Gord Ramer works as a consultant at Ezenet Inc, which was recently
acquired by Cognicase. I believe if you tried Ezenet's main phone
number 416-218-2188, and leave a brief message explaining your
problem, he should call you back.
Good luck,

Kailash Bahadur

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:03:26 GMT
 Looking for York APL
york apl was used at the university of rochester in rochester, new york
around 1974-75-76. they may still have a copy laying around.
i have a copy of the manual.

mike

Quote:
>This is really reaching ...

>I'm looking for the old York APL system (it ran on IBM 360/370
>computers circa 1975). With the Hercules IBM 370 emulator
>(http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules/) it should be possible to bring York
>APL back to life provided a distribution source can be located. I have
>tried writing to York University and nobody there knows or replies.
>Can anybody here point me to someone who can help?

>...CPV

>PS. We (Hercules users) are also looking for PL/C, AAEC Pascal,
>AlgolW... all the old goodies ...

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:38:58 GMT
 Looking for York APL

Quote:

> Gord Ramer works as a consultant at Ezenet Inc, which was recently

I just recently comunicated with Gord and he no longer has a copy.
Sorry, I have no further suggestions.

BTW, out of interest, why are you looking for a copy?

Ted

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:10:07 GMT

1. Looking for York APL

2. Looking for York APL

3. New York New York Smalltalk (Job)

4. Looking for I-APL or APL-90

5. SmallTallk - New York's top investment bank's looking for developers

6. Looking for User Group in New York

7. Looking for a job in Upstate New York area

8. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

9. Looking for Maximum Entropy code in APL

10. Looking for APL for Mac

11. Looking for an APL package

12. Looking for APL for Windows