Running the same APL on both a Mac and a PC
Author Message
 Running the same APL on both a Mac and a PC

For my own perverse reasons, I wanted to be able to run the very same
version of APL on both a Mac and on a PC. Yesterday I achieved that goal
by installing Virtual PC on my Mac, thus allowing me to run Windows 98 on
both my PC and my Mac. I was pleasantly surprised to find that all of the
nuances of the user interface of Dyalog APL for thel PC were preserved
when run under PC emulation on the Mac. My initial measurements suggest I
take about a two to threefold hit on performance when running under PC
emulation. Now I can enjoy the monster screen of my Mac while developing
an application which is targeted for a PC.

--

Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is it possible ?----Int 1C running with STSC*APL*PC

2. Running APL+PC under NT 4.0 [Long]

3. Product Announcement - APL.68000 Level II for Mac and Power Mac

4. APL for 68000; MAC APL

5. APL newcomer needs APL font for Mac...

6. Porting APL*PLUS/PC to APL.68000

7. Porting Mainframe APL to APL*PLUS/PC

8. APP runs on one PC but not another PC

9. APP runs on one PC but not another PC

10. Common LISP implementation for IBM-PCs running MS/PC-DOS

11. Clipper App runs slowly when moved to Pentium 4 PC running Win 98

12. Looking for APL for Mac