APL Plus Mainframe
Author Message
 APL Plus Mainframe

Does anyone out there have any experience or knowledge of porting
APL*Plus mainframe from VM to CMOS ?
A colleague in South Africa is having problems trying to get APL*Plus
to run under the CMOS operating system.

Suggestions and/or contacts appreciated.

John Warden

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 APL Plus Mainframe

Quote:

> to run under the CMOS operating system.

What is CMOS ?

--

http://www2.simi.is/~gosi
http://www.jsoftware.com

I am a member of AAA

                             (Actively Against Abbreviations)

Wed, 23 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 APL Plus Mainframe
<<< Gosi wrote in response to John Warden >>>

Quote:
>> to run under the CMOS operating system
> What is CMOS ?

Complementary metal-oxide semiconductor. These are the chips that
hold your PC's specification when you turn the power off. They are
kept going by the PC's internal battery. They have nix to do with
operating systems.

I think that in this context CMOS was a spelling mistake for CMS
which is the Conversational Monitor System (again not an operating
system, but a terminal monitor) running under VM (this is an
operating system) on IBM mainframes.

Yes, I hate abbreviations/acronyms/alphabet soup also. However,
sometimes you can't avoid them (I mean, do you really want to write
"Conversational Monitor System" in full ump{*filter*} times in a posting?)

John Sullivan                Tel (+44) 01932 567311
Chief Programmer             Fax (+44) 01932 568145
SimCorp Ltd                  Snail mail: on request

Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting Mainframe APL to APL*PLUS/PC

2. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS

3. Porting APL*PLUS/PC to APL.68000

4. Translating COMPLEX.AWS from STSC APL-PLUS to generic APL

5. Dyalog APL vs APL*PLUS UNX

6. XP and APL font for APL-PLUS II?

7. Paradox and APL*PLUS II (Or APL+WIN) and Memo Fields

8. US-SFL APL/2, APL*Plus Analyst/Developer

9. US-SFL APL/2, APL Plus Analyst/Developer

10. APL*PLUS III vs Dyalog APL/W

11. VS APL and APL*PLUS III

12. APL*PLUS PC Plotting Workspace