Converting - APL PLUS II 386 - WinAPL
Author Message
 Converting - APL PLUS II 386 - WinAPL

I'm looking at converting a large number of APL PLUS II 386 workspaces to
APL 3.0.   There is a fair amount of GUI code in each workspace.  Does
anyone have any experience with this kind of conversion?  Tips?
Suggestions?  Utilities?  Much appreciated.
Andrew.

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting - APL PLUS II 386 - WinAPL

Quote:

>I'm looking at converting a large number of APL PLUS II 386 workspaces to
>APL 3.0.   There is a fair amount of GUI code in each workspace.  Does
>anyone have any experience with this kind of conversion?  Tips?
>Suggestions?  Utilities?  Much appreciated.
>Andrew.

Andrew,

I did this type of conversion a few months ago (from DOS to WinNT) and it
requires a fairly large amount of work.  Is this a specific requirement, and
if so, how large/important is the system and what is it worth to get it done
?

work involved.

John Warden

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting - APL PLUS II 386 - WinAPL
Quote:

> requires a fairly large amount of work.

Could not agree more. However there are some tricks that will
work on a fast machine to simplify the conversion.
I have written a set of functions to ease the migration
which enable you to go from dos -> win and/or win-> dos
It covers most of the {quad}win, wget, wput, inkeys, wkey,,,
functions.
I have only tested the parts necessary for our work.
Any one who will participate
in the testing gets a FREE copy.
Also, I am ready to quote on conversions also!!

Richard Hill

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Assistance to Use APL*Plus II/386 Under WINNT

2. APL*PLUS II/386 running on Windows 95

3. Need help converting a Unix statistical package to APL*PLUS II

4. XP and APL font for APL-PLUS II?

5. Paradox and APL*PLUS II (Or APL+WIN) and Memo Fields

6. APL+II for 386 ver 5.2

7. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS

8. APLBUG : MANUGISTICS demos APL PLUS II release 5 : Software Drwng

9. STSC APL*PLUS II Version 4

10. STSC APL*PLUS for Mac II: any patches?

11. APL PLUS II V5.2 Graphic Init

12. APL*PLUS II Error trapping