APL2/PC display font problem
Author Message
 APL2/PC display font problem

I happen to have a small project that I am using APL2/PC on (APL is
generally forbidden around here now).

I recently got a new PC with a nice SVGA monitor, so thought I could
take advantage of the small display font in APL2/PC which I had
not used before.  However I ran into weird problems.  IBM APL2 support
did not have any suggestions, does anyone else know what's going
on here?

Using APL2/PC 1.02 --

At first I couldn't even get the large font to work.  The APL2FONT
without switches (default) program turns the display into a full screen
of gibberish.  APL2FONT /T restores the display.

I discovered that the /B switch worked.  The manual (p.15) says this is
25 line font for an IBM PC or PS/2 display adapter.  My PC is not an IBM
machine and I do not have this adapter.  Actually, my previous machine
was a PS/2 70 with this adapter, but APL2FONT worked without /B there.
(Why does /B work on a non-PS/2, but I didn't need in on a PS/2?
Also, /B is only mentioned in the manual; "APL2FONT ?" for APL2/PC and
for TryAPL2 does not show this switch.  ?)

/S, /H, /E do not work on my new PC (S and H produced readable standard
characters -- /S with a small font -- but no APL characters).

I tried using the APL code page support as described in appendix E.  I
didn't find any mention of how to select the small font.  When I used
MODE CONS LINES= it will switch to the small font ONLY for DOS, but when
I enter APL the session comes up with the large 25 line font instead.

??

Sat, 06 Sep 1997 03:32:10 GMT

1. APL2/PC display font problem

2. APL2/PC Fonts and Windows 2000

3. APL2/PC in DOS Window with Win95 using APL fonts

4. APL2/PC HP Fonts ??

5. Font display problems under Red Hat Linux 7.3

6. Problem of displaying Japanese font on BLT

7. font display problem in IDLE

8. True Type APL2 Font

9. APL2 PostScript Fonts

10. APL2 Fonts for Exceed

11. Downloading an APL2 font to an HP4M *HELP*

12. How display APL characters in IBM APL2