Improved APL?
Author Message
 Improved APL?

Some of us don't think that the latest Chevy Cavalier tin box is an actual
improvement over , say, a 57 Bel-Air.

And when I got the money, I bought a 1955 XK150, not the latest "doctors
wife" Jaguar XJS.

whatever J is, it aint APL, which is not to say I'm not interested in new
languages. If I can ever  get my hands on Whiyney's "K" i'd be very
interested.

 And yes,  I've heard the "walk in the woods" story of how Arthur and Ken
chated up the kernel of J in an afternoon, and I'm still not interested in
it.

Sure Whitney wrote "k" and was part of the genisis of "J", but my interest
is only in "K". Kind of like my XK150 vs XJS analogy above. I swore I'd
never buy a british car, but some things are just too sweet to ignore.

Regards
Tony

Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

2. Trying to hire APL and DYALOG APL for Dallas

3. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS

4. Special Functions for APL (and making APL atractive for Science)

5. APL! (APL bang)

6. APL News and I-APL (New World)

7. Whither APL or wither APL ??

8. Whither APL or wither APL ??

9. Porting APL*PLUS/PC to APL.68000

10. Porting Mainframe APL to APL*PLUS/PC

11. ASCII APL (Submission to APL Quote-Quad) *LONG*

12. Translating COMPLEX.AWS from STSC APL-PLUS to generic APL