A nice rtf2txt-converter for Dyalog 9
Author Message
 A nice rtf2txt-converter for Dyalog 9

Hi,

I'm just having some fun with RTF and 'developed' the attached
RTF2TXT-convertor (kindly supported by Dyadic and Microsoft). Maybe it helps
someone. BTW: of course it also works the other way round if you swap some
strings...
Probably limited to the subset that MS supports in the RichEdit-control, but
that is fine for my purposes. Comments welcome ;-)

Cheers

Michael Baas

 txt"rtf2txt rtf;F
 :With 'F'OWC'Form'
     :With 'R'OWC'RichEdit'
         RTFText"rtf
         txt"Text
     :EndWith
 :EndWith

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 01:29:52 GMT
 A nice rtf2txt-converter for Dyalog 9
I'm converting mainframe applications to produce RTF documents instead of
printer-control streams. RTF documents can be edited in and printed from
Microsoft Word; they can also be attached to emails.

The interface (written in Dyalog 9) supports a useful subset of RTF
Specification 1.6 and keeps application code free of verbose formatting
specifications.

Here's a list of RTF features supported so far.

Character properties
font family
bold? and italic styles
type size
type colour
kerning (inter-character spacing)
special characters: checkboxes, current date, left & right quotes, line
break, page break, page number, tab
Paragraph properties
left, right, centered or justified alignment
paragraph and first-line indentation
leading (spacing before and after paragraphs)
keep to discourage Word from breaking a paragraph across a page boundary
keep-with-next to discourage Word from separating two paragraphs with a
page boundary
page breaks
bulleted lists
tab stops: left, right, centred and decimal; with various leads
Tables
column heading rows that are repeated when the table crosses a page
boundary
row-level control of keep and keep-with-next properties
column- or cell-level control of cell width
cell-level control of alignment
cell-level control of leading before and after
cell-level control of shading
cell-level control of top, left, bottom & right border widths and colours
horizontal merging of adjacent cells
Pictures
bitmap picture files
Inline styling
bold and italic
expanded inter-character spacing
tab stops
Arbitrary positioning of frames
frame size
frame position and alignment, choice of reference frame
text wrapping and separation, overlays
overlapping frames
border width, colour and padding
background shading
Section properties
US letter or A4 paper size
portrait or landscape orientation
margin sizes
page header and footer text, with distinct headers and footers for the
first page of each section
header and footer offsets

If you'd like to make use of this, write to me in the first instance:

Stephen

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm just having some fun with RTF and 'developed' the attached
> RTF2TXT-convertor (kindly supported by Dyadic and Microsoft). Maybe it
helps
> someone. BTW: of course it also works the other way round if you swap some
> strings...
> Probably limited to the subset that MS supports in the RichEdit-control,
but
> that is fine for my purposes. Comments welcome ;-)

> Cheers

> Michael Baas

>  txt"rtf2txt rtf;F
>  :With 'F'OWC'Form'
>      :With 'R'OWC'RichEdit'
>          RTFText"rtf
>          txt"Text
>      :EndWith
>  :EndWith

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:00:09 GMT

1. Looking to Connect Dyalog in Windows and Dyalog on a Unix box

2. NICE and NICE Discussion List

3. Trying to hire APL and DYALOG APL for Dallas

4. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS

5. Paradox and Dyalog

6. MONDAY, 10 OCT: DYALOG APL FOR WINDOWS

7. Dyalog APL/W Version 7.0

8. SQL server and Dyalog under windows

9. AP127 for Dyalog APL/W

10. Dyalog AutoConf Property