APL97 vision now reality
Author Message
 APL97 vision now reality

For those of you who attended APL97, and in particular Ian Sharp's excellent
talk which opened the conference, you may recall his discussion in some detail
about how the kitchen refrigerator is now the primary information appliance in
the modern home.

For those of you who thought that the idea of a fridge as an internet-linked
device was far fetched, think again.

Mr. Sharp's talk appears to have been visionary indeed.

..Richard Procter

http://www.*-*-*.com/

R-S73CT
LG Electronics is introducing the world's first cutting-edge digital
refrigerator "Internet Digital  DIOS Refrigerator" (R-S73CT) that can be used
for Internet surfing and even for making videophone calls.

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:45:00 GMT
 APL97 vision now reality
In the race to dominate the kitchen with PC and Internet-related product, I think
the following should be added to the refrig list.

http://www.geocities.com/krweaver/coffeepc.jpg

Quote:

> For those of you who attended APL97, and in particular Ian Sharp's excellent
> talk which opened the conference, you may recall his discussion in some detail
> about how the kitchen refrigerator is now the primary information appliance in
> the modern home.

> For those of you who thought that the idea of a fridge as an internet-linked
> device was far fetched, think again.

> Mr. Sharp's talk appears to have been visionary indeed.

> ..Richard Procter

> http://www.lg.ca/product/r_S73ct.asp

> R-S73CT
> LG Electronics is introducing the world's first cutting-edge digital
> refrigerator "Internet Digital  DIOS Refrigerator" (R-S73CT) that can be used
> for Internet surfing and even for making videophone calls.

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 02:05:14 GMT
 APL97 vision now reality

"Kevin Weaver" wrote

Quote:
> In the race to dominate the kitchen with PC and Internet-related product,
I think
> the following should be added to the refrig list.

> http://www.geocities.com/krweaver/coffeepc.jpg

Normally you need to ply the workers with coffee to program computers.
Does this machine eliminate the 'middle men' ?
Which flavour of Java does it run / run-on ?
Where can I get one ?
Regards,
Martin E. Martin
(KRW - this should ring a bell, if not reload 1970's STSC memory)

Sun, 08 Jun 2003 05:50:58 GMT

1. virtual REALITY - more REALITY

2. APL97 Conference Survey Results

3. APL97 Video - Now Available