APL96 Information
Author Message
 APL96 Information

I am trying to find the APL96 announcement and details.
I know I saw it here a while ago, but now can't find it.

Could someone please post the APL96 conference details here?

Alan Graham

Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 APL96 Information

Alan Graham asks:

Quote:

> I am trying to find the APL96 announcement and details.
> I know I saw it here a while ago, but now can't find it.

> Could someone please post the APL96 conference details here?

> Alan Graham

The APL96 Call for Participation can be found at URL

        http://www.acm.org/sigapl/Conferences/cfp.html

It is a little stale, but generally accurate.

In brief --

We are just now in the process of finalizing both the program organization
and registration prices, and the Preliminary Program (which will include a
registration form) whould go into the mail about 10 days to two weeks from
now.

Anyone who thinks they may not be on our mailing list and wants to be sure of
getting a copy can send e-mail to me.

APL96 will be held in Lancaster, England, at the George Fox Center of
the University of Lancaster.  The dates are Monday, July 29 through
Thursday, August 1.  The cost of early registration for SIGAPL and ACM
members will be around $480; this includes the four conference days,
tutorials, workshops, and lunch each day.  Late registration (early
registration will close sometime around June 15) will be about $100 higher.
Non-members will be charged an additional amount, also around $100; the
registration form will include options to join SIGAPL ($55) or ACM ($84, I
think) or both (about $110), and we will offer the member rate to anyone who
joins at the time of registration.  Payment should be in US funds, and we
will be accepting charges to Visa, MC, and American Express cards.

The technical program is strongly oriented towards the practicing APL or J
programmer, with numerous workshops on topics of current interest (but we
have not slighted the more traditional contrbuted-papers stream).

Exhibitors will include (in aplhabetical order):

       APL2000
       Causeway Graphical Systems
       Dyadic Systems
       IBM APL Products
       Soliton
       Strand/ISI

// Mike Kent, Treasurer, APL96

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 APL96 Information

Quote:

>I am trying to find the APL96 announcement and details.
>I know I saw it here a while ago, but now can't find it.

>Could someone please post the APL96 conference details here?

>Alan Graham

See the APL and J World Wide Web Home Page at
http://www.acm.org/sigapl

Then select "Conferences."

Sat, 24 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. apl96 information