IAPL v. 1.11 QuadMC {machine code}
Author Message
 IAPL v. 1.11 QuadMC {machine code}

       My thanks to all those who answered my questions about iAPL system
functions. Know that []HC set to 1 sends output to the printer, set to 0 to the
screen. Regrettably nobody knew what []E is for. But []MC means "machine code".
Here are some examples, each taken from a different user-written function:

   0 0 rho []FX 'DF:0:1 Take alpha ,, 11519[]MC 2 1 rho' 'alphaomega' ':omega'

   1 Drop T,0 rho 11519[]MC 1 2 1 rho 'TT', 0 rho T <-- 13 Take 100

   alpha <-- 11519[]MC 1 2 1 rho 'alphaomega'

     The English words I used to stand for APL characters are self-explanatory.
Notice that in every example the left argument of []MC is 11519. I don't recall
a single case where it was not so.
       Readers inclined to unravel the intricate logic of each expression are
invited to do so. Since this is admittedly asking a lot, I will also be happy
if someone answers the questions:   Is 11519 the address of a binary subroutine
in memory? Then what is the offset from?
         From the context in which these expressions occur, this machine-code
routine seems to facilitate APL's access to the computer hardware, disk IO
in particular. Are there other resident binary routines, referenced by []MC at
other addresses than 11519?
         Is it possible for the ordinary user to write and load his/her own
assembled routines into memory, and have them called by []MC? Remember that
this is something it is easy to do in GW-BASIC & DOS 5's QBASIC.

         After this, I don't intend to ask many more technical questions about
iAPL 1.11. Nevertheless, answers to these questions, and to the mystery of []E,
would meet with an unfeigned gratitude.

Wed, 13 Dec 1995 06:53:48 GMT

1. IAPL v. 1.11 System functions

2. ElfData XML Editor 1.11

3. LSP SFX-Builder 1.11 - NEW VERSION

4. Clipper rookie using Summer '87, PLink86 and Blinker 1.11

5. Clipper rookie using Summer '87, PLink86 and Blinker 1.11

6. Clipper rookie using Summer '87, PLink86 and Blinker 1.11

7. ANN: iForth 1.11 for Linux

8. ANN: Gfx Graphics Library Release 1.11

9. PmwContribD 1.11

10. Announce REXXIO Beta 1.11

11. SIE : Simple Inference Engine - Update 1.11

12. TinyScheme 1.11