Making older apl work.
Author Message
 Making older apl work.

Quote:

>My only problem is that the APL characters are not shown. I used to >do
this
>by running a program "vgachar.com" that installed the APL >characters. But
>vgachar.com won't run in my current setup.
>Does anyone know how I can get the proper characters to show?

_------------------
It would help if we knew what APL you were using. Is it APL*PC or some
other? I have a DOS version APL*PC (V11) from Manugistics, which runs well
under Win98. I run a batch file whic first loads aplfont then after the apl
session, unloads it.  Howevwer, it must be full screen rather than a
"window" for the apl characters to appear.

--
Don Kelly

remove the bull to reply

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Making older apl work.
I am running an older DOS version of APL using the command prompt, full
screen, in Windows NT 4.0 SP3.

My only problem is that the APL characters are not shown. I used to do this
by running a program "vgachar.com" that installed the APL characters. But
vgachar.com won't run in my current setup.

Does anyone know how I can get the proper characters to show?

Thanks,

Bob Ferguson

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Making older apl work.

Quote:

> >My only problem is that the APL characters are not shown. I used to >do
> this
> >by running a program "vgachar.com" that installed the APL >characters. But
> >vgachar.com won't run in my current setup.

> >Does anyone know how I can get the proper characters to show?
> _------------------
> It would help if we knew what APL you were using. Is it APL*PC or some
> other? I have a DOS version APL*PC (V11) from Manugistics, which runs well
> under Win98. I run a batch file whic first loads aplfont then after the apl
> session, unloads it.  Howevwer, it must be full screen rather than a
> "window" for the apl characters to appear.

I can confirm that this works identically under NT4

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Special Functions for APL (and making APL atractive for Science)

2. TechTips: Making working-at-home work

3. old question, new person asking (making system calls)

4. old virus making it's rounds again

5. Any help for old APL hands?

6. Anyone want an *old* APL book?

7. Resurrecting an old APL WS

8. Colors with old APL*PLUS

9. Wanted to buy - Old version of APL

10. Old PC APL

11. older version Visual Works and Envy source code

12. Should old working Assembler programs be converted?