Is it possible to connect to internet using a C program?
Author Message
 Is it possible to connect to internet using a C program?

HI,

I am trying to write a C/C++ which will connect to a website and
downloads the required information(along with the URL for the
hypertext listed in the website).
Is it possible to do this using C/C++? If not which would be the
appropriate language for this kind of work?

Kindly help me out if you have any idea.

kookur.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:51:45 GMT
 Is it possible to connect to internet using a C program?

Quote:
> I am trying to write a C/C++ which will connect to a website and
> downloads the required information(along with the URL for the
> hypertext listed in the website). Is it possible to do this using
> C/C++? If not which would be the appropriate language for this kind of
> work?

It surely is possible in C/C++ as well as many other languages (in fact,
all the serious languages I can think of). But why ask this question in
a newsgroup devoted to programming in APL? The answer remains: yes, it
is possible even in APL. All the major APL vendors distribute with the
interpreter at least one sample workspace which shows how to use TCP
sockets to make HTTP requests to a web server and retrieve the content
of a web page.
--

Homepage: http://come.to/wildheart/

<<<Sa hajimaruze SATURDAY NIGHT choshi ha dodai? ---
   Let's get goin' cause it's Saturday night. How are you feeling
now?>>>

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:45:29 GMT
 Is it possible to connect to internet using a C program?
Yes, search for WATT-32, it supports most C/C++ compiler!!

bye, flox

Quote:

--
Florian Xaver

Websites: http://www.drdos.org / http://www.seal.de.vu
other Websites: http://www.freedos.org / http://www.arachne.cz

"Egoismus besteht nicht darin, da? man sein Leben nach seinen Wnschen
lebt, sondern darin, da? man von anderen verlangt, da? sie so leben, wie
man es wnscht." Oscar Wilde

"Frauen bek?mpfen ihren Egoismus, indem sie ihn restlos ausleben..." Elmar
Kupke

Konzerttermine vom Ostbahn-Kurti und Birgit Denk:
http://www.archlab.tuwien.ac.at/~hase/franz/konzert_kal.html

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:48:26 GMT

1. Internet Connect, Invalid page fault with program

2. Internet Connect Beta Program Begins

3. How to connect to Smalltalk Archive (st-www.cs.uiuc.edu)

4. CS access thru Internet

5. Urgent!!Oracle9i:using ODBC, I am noy able to link to my database tables using Access

6. Question on Clarion 5 and Internet (i am new user)

7. Connect to TSM ODBC Driver with Regina and Rexx/SQL for ODBC no longer possible

8. I am thinking of if this is possible

9. Connecting a C program with a tcl program with a socket

10. check if a Internet connect exists?

11. RB, apple script and internet connect

12. Internet Connect Disable(?List) outcome