replace single quote to double quote with an example
Author Message
 replace single quote to double quote with an example

Quote:
>Sorry this is my second post , I have added an example so you will know what
>do I want to do.

>I have three input fields "$YourAddress" , "$MumAddress" and "$DadAddress" , I
>want to replace all these field's input data from single quote ( ' ) to Double
>quote( " ) . Is it prosible? Could you give me some example?

man tr

--
Sam

You can blame it all on the internet. I do...
        --Larry Wall

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 replace single quote to double quote with an example

| p.s some of the field's data may like this ( 8 ' 54 O'Rally Rd ),
| I want to replace it to ( 8 " 54 O"Rally Rd. )

~$ echo 8 \' 54 O\'Rally Rd | tr \' \"

igorR
--
"Ma belle demoiselle, repondit Candide, quand on est amoureux, jaloux
et fouette par l'Inquisition, on ne se connait plus"

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 replace single quote to double quote with an example

Quote:

> I have three input fields "$YourAddress" , "$MumAddress" and "$DadAddress" , I
> want to replace all these field's input data from single quote ( ' ) to Double
> quote( " ) . Is it prosible? Could you give me some example?

> p.s some of the field's data may like this ( 8 ' 54 O'Rally Rd ),
> I want to replace it to ( 8 " 54 O"Rally Rd. )

In any APL:

     string [ ( string = '''' ) / {iota} {rho} string ] {<-} '"'

In some APLs, even easier:

     ( ( string = '''' ) / string ) {<-} '"'

The above uses ASCII transliteration; the actual characters are:

{iota}: LC Greek iota
{rho}: LC Greek rho
{<-}: left-pointing arrow

Eric Landau, APL Solutions, Inc.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" - Abbie Hoffman

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. single-quoted string conversion to triple-quoted string

2. single vs. double quotes

3. Single vs double quotes and performance?

4. REXML and double, rather than single quotes

5. Single and Double Quotes in Echo Statements

6. INCLUDE statements: use single or double quotes?

7. Python Tutorial: double single quotes?

8. Difference between double and single quotes

9. single/double quote escape interpolation

10. Making strings with single/double quotes safe for MySQL Insert/Update

11. REGULAR EXPRESSIONS; PERL/AWK/SED; SINGLE QUOTES/DOUBLE QUOTES

12. quote quote reshape v