quotients of logs
Author Message
 quotients of logs

Here is a quick J question (tease).
I recently needed a function to compute quotients of logs:
  ln(x)/ln(y) in math so I used compose %&^. to do the job:

   4 %&^. 2
2
   3 %&^.2
1.58496

Can you give a shorter definition that yields the same dyadic
function?

Best,
  Cliff

--
Clifford A. Reiter
Mathematics Department, Lafayette College

Sun, 11 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 quotients of logs

Quote:

>Subject: quotients of logs
>Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 13:42:25 GMT
>Here is a quick J question (tease).
>I recently needed a function to compute quotients of logs:
>  ln(x)/ln(y) in math so I used compose %&^. to do the job:
>   4 %&^. 2
>2
>   3 %&^.2
>1.58496
>Can you give a shorter definition that yields the same dyadic
>function?

Try ^.~

Berni

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Balanced trees and quotient set

2. Does QUOTIENT exist in F90 as PRODUCT does?

3. A use for integer quotients

4. how do i get quotient?

5. Sorting with O(n.log(log(n)))

6. Scratchy 0.5 - Report Generator and Log Parser for Apache access logs

7. All Clarion APPs generate some huge LOG file a.log !!!!!!!!

8. "Log" functionality of serial VIs logs the irrelevant

9. Logging which methods have been executed

10. J Session Logs

11. Lagoon logs

12. How can I recover errors/warnings from: Compiler class>>evaluate:for:evaluationPools:logged:ifFail: