PC's with two displays
Author Message
 PC's with two displays

Is it possible to get a PC with two screens? I miss the old IBM PC with both

a mono screen and the CGA . But I don't miss the slow speed .

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:09:00 GMT
 PC's with two displays

Quote:
> Is it possible to get a PC with two screens? I miss the old IBM PC with

both

Not only PCs, but even laptops. There are several PCs in dual screen
configuration at the office where I am working. Most modern video card are
dual-head and they support monitors with different resolutions as well...
--
    WildHeart'2k3 (at home)

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:34:18 GMT
 PC's with two displays
Most P3 and newer quality laptops (IBM,Toshiba,Dell) will let you use a
monitor as a second screen.
But both will have to run at same resolution.
Regards,
Martin

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:40:21 GMT
 PC's with two displays

Quote:

> Most P3 and newer quality laptops (IBM,Toshiba,Dell) will let you use a
> monitor as a second screen.
> But both will have to run at same resolution.
> Regards,
> Martin

To run dual displays you will need Win98SE or 2000/XP preferably.  You
will also
need either 2 video cards or a dual head video card such as Matox
Millennium G550.
You will of course need 2 monitors.  From personal experience with
building dual monitor system I prefer using the dual head video cards
because their drivers and software are specifically written for this
purpose. While you can use 2 separate video cards and configure the
system manually.  You will also be able to use different resolutions
and color settings for each monitor.

F.Y.I. Windows can support upwards of 8 displays if I remember
correctly.

Norbert Jurkiewicz

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:29:38 GMT
 PC's with two displays

Quote:

> > Most P3 and newer quality laptops (IBM,Toshiba,Dell) will let you use a
> > monitor as a second screen.
> > But both will have to run at same resolution.
> > Regards,
> > Martin

> To run dual displays you will need Win98SE or 2000/XP preferably.  You
> will also
> need either 2 video cards or a dual head video card such as Matox
> Millennium G550.
> You will of course need 2 monitors.  From personal experience with
> building dual monitor system I prefer using the dual head video cards
> because their drivers and software are specifically written for this
> purpose. While you can use 2 separate video cards and configure the
> system manually.  You will also be able to use different resolutions
> and color settings for each monitor.

> F.Y.I. Windows can support upwards of 8 displays if I remember
> correctly.

> Norbert Jurkiewicz

You can also run dual displays with OS/2 using the Scitech Software
SNAP drivers, http://www.scitechsoft.com

--
Lorne Sunley

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:21:12 GMT

1. FTP between two networked PC's

2. Sharing two PC's

3. Using two PC's in parallel

4. Sharing clock time of two PC's.

5. can't read env(DISPLAY) from regexp with $env(DISPLAY)

6. How do I synchronize two processes on two different PC's ?

7. Displaying Data Two Dimensional Array Fields In A List Box

8. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

9. One application, two toplevel windows, different X displays????

10. Using two displays

11. Can _One_ Tcl/Tk script run _Two_ displays?

12. two definitions of 'cyclic'?