APL+Win and ActiveX
Author Message
 APL+Win and ActiveX

Is it possible for APL+Win to interface with the instance of an ActiveX
control created by another application. If so how? My current problem is
that an internet site creates an instance of a control which it continuously
updates. I would like to use the controls events and access its properties
as and when it updates. Anyone ever done this? The site has downloaded the
control to my machine and I can create instances of it via APL but not
knowing its properties when in use I cannot get it to do much.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:37:21 GMT
 APL+Win and ActiveX

|Is it possible for APL+Win to interface with the instance of an ActiveX
|control created by another application. If so how? My current problem is
|that an internet site creates an instance of a control which it continuously
|updates. I would like to use the controls events and access its properties
|as and when it updates. Anyone ever done this? The site has downloaded the
|control to my machine and I can create instances of it via APL but not
|knowing its properties when in use I cannot get it to do much.

"'objectname' []WI 'properties'" will list all of the properties of an
ActiveX object.  The properties provided by the object (as opposed to
those added by APL) will appear with their names prefixed by an 'x'.

Of course, without documentation on the ActiveX object, you're on your
own trying to figure out what these properties do from their names
alone.

When using these properties, it is not necessary to include the 'x' in
their names unless it is needed to distinguish a property of the
ActiveX object from a same-named property added by APL (but it's a
good idea to do so anyhow, for added readability).

Eric Landau, APL Solutions, Inc.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." - Abbie Hoffman

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:01:14 GMT

1. APL+Win ActiveX event handling

2. APL+Win, ActiveX and Enum

3. APL+WIN and APL tutorials for CPCUG

4. APL+DOS to APL+WIN migration aid

5. Migrating APL+DOS to APL+WIN

6. Paradox and APL*PLUS II (Or APL+WIN) and Memo Fields

7. Win application experience with Win+APL?

8. APL and Excel ActiveX control

9. APL and Excel ActiveX control

10. Why won't VB ActiveX exe shutdown after using Automation close in Labview

11. APL+Win Version 2.0 and Windows XP

12. Quad TF for APL+WIN 2000