Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people
Author Message
 Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

 > I think a simple text for simple (ordinary) people supplementing the
 >reference material in the documentation contained in the J system would
 > be a suitable "low-tech" alternative to the Visual J tutorial
suggested
 > by  Bjorn.
I disagree because I think that the material that comes together with J
is excellent and only minor changes needed there. Nothing drastic.

What I do think is that we need more courses and they should be
independent
of what you get together with J. Something like Visual J95 plus would be
nice.
/Gosi

Sun, 01 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people
-> > I think a simple text for simple (ordinary) people supplementing
-> the >reference material in the documentation contained in the J
-> system would > be a suitable "low-tech" alternative to the Visual J
-> tutorial suggested  Bjorn.

Bjorn Helgason replies:
-> I disagree because I think that  the material that comes
-> together with J is excellent and only minor changes needed there.
-> Nothing drastic.
-> What I do think is that we need more courses and they should be
-> independent of what you get together with J.
-> Something like Visual J95 plus would  be nice.

I agree 100% with Bjorn.  I found the material that comes with
J to be of very high quality and they were and remain the foundation
of my resources, together with the J system itself, for
learning and using J. (Also various papers from conferences, and
discussion on cla)

I also agree that we need more courses and
indeed could be independent of what you get with the
J system.  Look at all the C or Microsoft Word books you can get
in the book store.

What I would be very interested to understand is some
elaboration of the content of the courses contemplated.  If we know what
the "customer requirements" were for these courses, we would be in a
good position to develop these courses.  Can anyone help us in this?

Richard

Sun, 01 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

2. Simple courses in J for simple (ordinary) people

3. developing in J with simple tools and simple minds

4. Very simple awk for a simple user

5. Simple task-not simple for Dummy, Help

6. Simple Hardware, Simpler FORTH

7. Simple forth question - maybe simple ?

8. Question in french (a simple question, very simple)

9. Simple Question seeks simple answer

10. Simple problem, simple solution.

11. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

12. js.exception 3279.js