minimizing keystrokes
Author Message
 minimizing keystrokes

Stevan Apter:

Quote:
> I mentioned that use of short names has the simple advantage of less
> typing while debugging in the console.  For the most part, for me, that
> console is an emacs shell, and, for the most part, I keep my hands on
> the keyboard, rarely making use of the mouse.

For what it's worth:

In this environment, long names can be typed (presuming they've been
already displayed in that session) by typing their prefix then hitting
Meta-/

If the prefix is ambiguous, you can rotate through the options with
by repeating Meta-/

[The first time you do this in a session, you'll have to wait a moment
while emacs autoloads support for dynamic abbreviations].

--
Raul

Fri, 31 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Title/Subject: Minimize N args function with quasi-newton method with finite difference gradient Minimize N args function with quasi-newton method with finite difference gradient

2. GETYN function (GET a single keystroke)

3. Help: Keystroke generation!!

4. Detecting global keystrokes

5. Getting all keystrokes

6. sending keystroke to another application

7. detecting keystrokes?

8. How to hook up to keystroke event?

9. Stop keystroke in edit field?

10. "Learning" keystrokes to demo application

11. Old Clarion app not showing keystrokes

12. Send keystrokes to another app