latest version of J ?
Author Message
 latest version of J ?

Hello!

I would like to know which the latest version of J is. On the J ftp server
I found J7, but in the postings of this group I heard of J8 or J-II.

I'm using J7 at home on an Atari ST computer (no flames please, this
machine is fast enough for my little problems :-), here in the university
I have J4.1 on a HP/UX machine - the J7 sources contain no definitions for
HPPA or HPUX :-(.

(DREAM ON)
I would like to have J on one of those little pocket computers - you know,
these BASIC machines; BASIC out J in :-)
(DREAM OFF)

--
bernd

P.S.:
Thx for all who helped me with my band matrix problem

Sat, 22 Mar 1997 20:15:05 GMT
 latest version of J ?
Quote:

>I would like to know which the latest version of J is. On the J ftp server
>I found J7, but in the postings of this group I heard of J8 or J-II.

 J7 is the most recent version whose source is in the public domain.
 No decision has been made regarding the eventual release of J8 (aka J-II),
 source, it may be released in January or May of '95, perhaps never.
 When it is released it may or may not be free.

Quote:
>I'm using J7 at home on an Atari ST computer (no flames please, this
>machine is fast enough for my little problems :-), here in the university
>I have J4.1 on a HP/UX machine - the J7 sources contain no definitions for
>HPPA or HPUX :-(.

 If you have a C compiler and know how to use it you can compile your own.

 If your Atari can run Windows3.1 it will be worth your while to dish out
 the 60$ (50$+10$shipping) to get version 8.

Quote:
>(DREAM ON)
>I would like to have J on one of those little pocket computers - you know,
>these BASIC machines; BASIC out J in :-)
>(DREAM OFF)

 You can run J8 on a Daulfin 486.

 -e

Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:26:30 GMT
 latest version of J ?

Quote:

> J7 is the most recent version whose source is in the public domain.

Where can I find it?  Waterloo seems to end at 6.2.

Henry Rich

Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:38:54 GMT
 latest version of J ?
For the European folks, I have copied some selected stuff from
LJ{*filter*}ey's archive in Waterloo.  I know that there's a formal
mirror in Vienna/Austria, too.  I hope to get my archive a bit
more organised (and synch'ed with the others) when time permits.
(Ha!)

Anyway, ftp.ips.cs.tu-bs.de welcomes you, carrying the following items:

/ftp/ips/pub/   languages/      apl/            The ISO Ext. APL Draft
                                j/              current source kit
                fep.tar.Z                       use that as session manager
                                                for j under unix

                                        Martin Neitzel

Mon, 24 Mar 1997 22:50:51 GMT
 latest version of J ?

Quote:

>> J7 is the most recent version whose source is in the public domain.

>Where can I find it?  Waterloo seems to end at 6.2.

It is in the src directory.
Here's an URL
  ftp://watserv1.waterloo.edu/languages/apl/j/src/j7.tar.Z

bernd

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:09:58 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. what is the latest VM version

4. Latest version of mysql driver?

5. Latest summer 87 version lib?

6. MAPI32.dll - Where to get latest version?

7. Wanted Clarion for windows / 95 version 2 or later

8. Latest version of Oracle and MSSQL supported?

9. latest version of clipper

10. SPTOOLS Latest version

11. where can I get clipper s87 latest version ?

12. Any later versions of Clipper 87