Number of programmers
Author Message
 Number of programmers

Quote:
> Computer science, on the other hand, is doing terribly in this area!
> Is it just me, or has the last 15 years seen a horrible reduction in
> the creativeness in notation, and much more agreement on what that
> less-creative notation should be?  I mean, look at papers from the
> early 80s, and compare them to the papers of today, and tell me with
> a straight face that CS isn't at risk of losing its collective
> knowledge of arbitrary notational science.  And ironically, this all
> is happening during a period of explosion of fast systems with GUIs.
> Shouldn't this make it *easier* to draw new, weird symbols?
> Different types of lines, arrows, and boxes hardly count.

Why, goodness, the APL world has been tending to head towards using
ASCII notations.  (Witness J, K, A+).
--

http://www.*-*-*.com/
"... and  the REALLY GOOD  THING, is that  after you have gone  to the

Mon, 24 May 2004 05:39:39 GMT

1. Number of programmers

2. Numbers Numbers Numbers

3. BUG: Scientific Number to String/String to Number

4. Finding out number of threads or number of open windows in the app

5. Auto-numbering & Invoice Numbers

6. auto-numbered key - how to set the starting number

7. how can I make imaginary number with known real number

8. indexing numbers as numbers or strings

9. number to string .... string to number

10. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

11. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

12. VPREXX Help? Adding number to string number