Ordering J documentation
Author Message
 Ordering J documentation

I've tried calling Iverson Software several times recently to try and
order the standard J books, but have only gotten the answering machine
(my schedule is too irregular right now for me to leave any useful
message on the answering machine).  Perhaps someone on the net can
answer my (very pedestrian) questions.

Does Iverson Software have office hours when a human will answer the
phone?  Can I just send a letter with a U.S. Post Office money order?
How much extra for postage if I order more than the basic set of books
for $24 (postage $10 for North America)?
--

Sat, 30 Dec 1995 05:29:31 GMT
 Ordering J documentation
   Does Iverson Software have office hours when a human will answer
   the phone?

I don't know, I've never called them.

   Can I just send a letter with a U.S. Post Office money order?

Sure.  I've sent personal checks.

   How much extra for postage if I order more than the basic set of
   books for $24 (postage $10 for North America)?

Postage and handling doesn't increase with larger orders.

Sun, 31 Dec 1995 10:55:45 GMT
 Ordering J documentation

Quote:

> I've tried calling Iverson Software several times recently to try and
> order the standard J books, but have only gotten the answering machine
> (my schedule is too irregular right now for me to leave any useful
> message on the answering machine).  Perhaps someone on the net can
> answer my (very pedestrian) questions.

> Does Iverson Software have office hours when a human will answer the
> phone?  Can I just send a letter with a U.S. Post Office money order?
> How much extra for postage if I order more than the basic set of books
> for $24 (postage $10 for North America)?
> --

I've talked to them several times, calling in the afternoon.  I've always
gotten a human.

--
IBM pays absolutely no attention to my
opinions, ergo the foregoing cannot

Christian H. L. Moller

Sun, 31 Dec 1995 21:18:20 GMT
 Ordering J documentation

Quote:

>Does Iverson Software have office hours when a human will answer the
>phone?

Ok, I was finally able to get someone (Iverson) on the phone and order
the books I wanted.

Quote:
>Can I just send a letter with a U.S. Post Office money order?

They are willing to take personal checks drawn on U.S. banks.  They
are also willing to send an invoice with the books.

Quote:
>How much extra for postage if I order more than the basic set of books
>for $24 (postage $10 for North America)?

The $10 postage covers any other books that you order.
--

Tue, 02 Jan 1996 23:35:52 GMT
 Ordering J documentation

Quote:

>I've tried calling Iverson Software several times recently to try and
>order the standard J books, but have only gotten the answering machine
>(my schedule is too irregular right now for me to leave any useful
>message on the answering machine).  Perhaps someone on the net can
>answer my (very pedestrian) questions.

Iverson Software is in the frozen north for a month or so.

Quote:
>Does Iverson Software have office hours when a human will answer the
>phone?  Can I just send a letter with a U.S. Post Office money order?

I think they'll be back in normal office hours around monthend.
Someone else may have a better time estimate. I'll inquire with
someone else at ISI for you.

Letters and money orders are acceptable, I'm sure.

Quote:
>How much extra for postage if I order more than the basic set of books
>for $24 (postage $10 for North America)?

I have no idea. Sorry. $10 sounds about right, from memory.

Snake Island Research Inc  (416) 203-0854
18 Fifth Street, Ward's Island
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2B9
Canada

Tue, 02 Jan 1996 22:16:47 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. Order of ORDER output

4. ORDER is not in order

5. ANS Standard - Search order words : SET-ORDER Query

6. from high order to first order

7. Fortran source code for 8th order RKS and RKV with 9th order error control

8. how to control the order of section order for ConfigParser.write()

9. column order -> row order

10. column order -> row order

11. Need 4-5th order Runde-Kutta subroutine for 2nd order DE

12. Runge Kutta 4th Order on 2nd Order Differential Equation