Unicode and underscored alphabetics
Author Message
 Unicode and underscored alphabetics

In my experience, even legacy applications will convert away from
the underscored alphabet very quickly if it gets mapped properly
to the uppercase (or lowercase, if you really insist) alphabet.

We have worked with quite a few legacy applications in SHARP APL,
and we have not used underscores for some years now.

Adding them to Unicode just prolongs an undesirable feature.

/Martin

Martin Gfeller, Reuters, Risk Management Systems

Phone [+41 1] 258 7380; Fax [+41 1] 262 1792

Sun, 16 Mar 1997 03:40:44 GMT

1. Unicode and Underscored alphabetics

2. ANNOUNCE: unicode 0.4, command line unicode database query tool

3. Upper-case vs. Underscored

4. Regex \w does not match underscore

5. File Convert Probs - Underscore?

6. C55H and Underscores

7. Documentation for __dbDelim() and other double underscore functions

8. VO - Underscore character in SLE

9. How to suppress underscores in function names in MSC

10. Some thoughts on LO, Collaboration, browsing and the underscore

11. Oberon/F and underscores in foreign-code identifiers

12. Use of underscores in VHDL code