APL+Win ActiveX event handling
Author Message
 APL+Win ActiveX event handling

I use APL+Win v. 4.0 and this question concerns ActiveX event handling.

I've used a lot of ActiveX controls, but all with simple events such as
change events or onClick events, which can be handled by my own function.  I
have a commercial ActiveX control whose events are actually void functions
(no return value) - I believe these are called event methods.  For example,
the tickPrice event is:

void tickPrice (long id, long tickType, double price)

When the tickPrice event occurs, the system executes the preceding function,
but I don't know how to access the data.  Are the data properties of the
control, to be accessed by dot syntax or some other way?  The documentation
for this control doesn't specify.  Lots of research has failed to answer the
question.

Any help would be most appreciated.

John

Sat, 25 Mar 2006 02:23:16 GMT
 APL+Win ActiveX event handling
I answered this question myself.  The answer, in this particular case, is
that the result is returned in Quad-wres ( []wres).

Quote:
> I use APL+Win v. 4.0 and this question concerns ActiveX event handling.

> I've used a lot of ActiveX controls, but all with simple events such as
> change events or onClick events, which can be handled by my own function.
> have a commercial ActiveX control whose events are actually void functions
> (no return value) - I believe these are called event methods.  For
example,
> the tickPrice event is:

> void tickPrice (long id, long tickType, double price)

> When the tickPrice event occurs, the system executes the preceding
function,
> but I don't know how to access the data.  Are the data properties of the
> control, to be accessed by dot syntax or some other way?  The
documentation
> for this control doesn't specify.  Lots of research has failed to answer
the
> question.

> Any help would be most appreciated.

> John

Sat, 25 Mar 2006 03:09:31 GMT

1. How to handle ActiveX events?

2. ActiveX Event Handling Problem with LV 5.1

3. APL+Win and ActiveX

4. APL+Win, ActiveX and Enum

5. Handling file events in the event loop

6. Acting on Property Events; Event Handling Nitty Gritty

7. Extend TK event loop to handle user defined event

8. Handling Tk-Events in Motif-Event Loop

9. APL+WIN and APL tutorials for CPCUG

10. APL+DOS to APL+WIN migration aid

11. Migrating APL+DOS to APL+WIN

12. Paradox and APL*PLUS II (Or APL+WIN) and Memo Fields