The "LAMP" character
Author Message
 The "LAMP" character

I cannot get the LAMP character under APL in OS/2, nor can I get it in
TRYAPL2.
It is supposed to be the upper case "C" overstruck with uppercase "J".  But
cannot overstrike without deleting the character there before.  What am I
doing
wrong?  Help appreciated.

Gerry

Mon, 10 May 2004 03:47:05 GMT
 The "LAMP" character

Quote:
>I cannot get the LAMP character under APL in OS/2, nor can I get it
>in TRYAPL2.  It is supposed to be the upper case "C" overstruck with
>uppercase "J".  But I cannot overstrike without deleting the
>character there before.  What am I doing wrong?  Help appreciated.

The "special" characters are handled by "Alt" combinations.  I think the
LAMP is the "Alt-" "," combination.

-- Dave
dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net

Mon, 10 May 2004 04:40:46 GMT

1. '"""' and linefeed characters

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. Characters "?", "?", "ΓΌ" shown in wrong font

4. VW and "foreign" characters

5. "hexadecimal characters" in ST.

6. files of 8 character "AABKIJLE"

7. Check Characters "cc"