m. works with 1 : but not with 11 :
Author Message
 m. works with 1 : but not with 11 :

Following Cliff Reiter's suggestion I tried:

   sel =. 11 : '(1&{m.)/.'
   sel
].((1&{ m.)/.)
   +`-`% sel
(1&{ m.)/.
   +`-`% sel 9
3value error
3       +`-`%sel 9

So I changed the 11 :  to  1 : and got:

   sel =. 1 : '(1&{m.)/.'
   sel
1 : '(1&{m.)/.'
   +`-`% sel
-/.
   +`-`% sel 9
_9

just like Cliff said.  This is a bug, no?  J3.1.

I am having a devil of a time defining conjunctions with
u. and v.; is it also true that u. and v. work with
2 : but not with 12 : ?

Inspired by this example I went back and tried my earlier
case:

   b =. 1 : '(x.`]) }'
   + b
+`]}
   c =. 11 : '(x.`]) }'
3domain error
3   c=.    11 :'(x.`]) }'

so again there is a difference between 1 :  and 11 :

And,

   d =. 1 : '(m.`]) }'
   + d
3value error
3   (    m.`])}

'value error' seems odd, as if m. is undefined here.

May I observe that until I read Cliff's note I never would have
dreamed of trying m. in an adverb, because the Dictionary
states: "In defining a conjunction it may be necessary to...
[use] u. and v...." without mentioning their applicability
to adverbs.

Henry Rich

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Does VO 2.0 works with Win3.11

2. A working setup.py for DCOracle 1.3.2 /Oracle 8.1.6/HP-UX 11

3. Warning-do not open any email with subject of 9/11 or the WTC

4. RTP NC 11/11, 12/6 - CINCOM VISUALWORKS

5. Part 11 of 11 - Topics for Discussion

6. The Language List - Version 2.3 (Part 11 of 11)

7. The Language List Version 2.2 (Part 11 of 11)

8. Modula II for PDP-11 running RT-11

9. ANNOUNCE: moodss-11.11

10. Mass Smalltalk Users Group Meeting Thursday 11/11

11. Does not work with TPS but works with DBF

12. 5.2 Network application works with 95, does not work with 98