Forks and Hooks
Author Message
 Forks and Hooks

Quote:

>All those "forks" and "hooks"?!  For the pure mathematical problems
>they are, maybe, very useful, but for everyday dirty job that is paid...
>I don't know...  I don't say J is bad.  I think it is brilliant.  But

A familiar refrain. Consider:

<All those "vectors" and "matrices"?! For the pure mathematical problems
they are, maybe, very useful, but for everyday dirty job that is paid...>

"When I began to work with J I thought that both forks and hooks
were abstruse concepts unlikely to be useful to someone at my
level. Very quickly, however, I found forks everywhere."

Forks and hooks will fit naturally into APL. After Dyalog gets
round to implementing them, APLers will very quickly find forks
everywhere.

Sun, 26 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trains, hooks and forks

2. Forks, Hooks and With in J