argv filename for J7
Author Message
 argv filename for J7

=]I have hacked j-something-older to do that.  Another simple but effective
=]modification was to silently ignore the first line if it contained the
=]#!/usr/local/bin/j
=]magic cookie, allowing me to "chmod +x" my J scripts.
=]
=]I'll see if can still find an isolated patch for that.  Watch this space.

Emmett has set me straight on this. J7 does in fact take a script name
from the command line, so no need to hack. Works fine.

chz

-m.

It'sGonnaRainIt'sGonnaRainIt'sGonnaRainIt'sGonnaRainIt'sGonnaRainIt'sG

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 10:01:24 GMT

1. sys.argv[0] - Returns path and filename.

2. How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report

3. Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

4. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

5. REQUIRES filename (NEEDS filename)

6. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

7. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

8. Adding PC Filename Extensions to Macintosh Filenames

9. bus error in J62, J7 on HPs, Suns

10. editing J7 on Mac

11. patch to J7 to do different initialization

12. J7 quirk