How to run APL on a remote Sun sparcstation
Author Message
 How to run APL on a remote Sun sparcstation

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to run an APL session using a remote
machine's processing power and have the APL window on the local
machine. I am using Openwin and APLII version 5 from Manugistics on a
Sun sparc10. I try to do that by first logon to a remote machine and
type in /usr/apl/apl but it always says it can't open display.

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to run APL on a remote Sun sparcstation
Emil,

IBM's range of APL2 products allows so called "Cooperative rocessing"
across TCPIP between OS/2, AIX, SUN Solaris, and IBM mainframes.
"Cooperative processing" includes :
  - local session manager driving remote session (what you want).
  - master session driving slave session.
  - shared variables between sessions,
    allowing various protocols (client-server...)

The basic idea is that your code is independent of the platform type.

PS: Sorry to appear so "blue", but I only talk about what I know...!

Regards

Yves-Antoine Emmanuelli
IBM ST&E Paris

Sun, 18 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. sun sparcstation version

2. V24 for Sun SPARCStation

3. M2 for sun sparcstation

4. Audio interfaces for Sun SparcStation ?

5. Sun Ada 1.1 on SPARCstation IPX

6. Ada Compilers for Sun SPARCstation

7. Bus error when invoking CMPLX on Sun SparcStation

8. Bufferin/out for Sun SparcStation

9. Prolog for the Sparcstation (Sun-4)?

10. Prolog suggestions for Sun SparcStation

11. Reading unformatted sequential file on Sun SparcStation

12. STSC APL*PLUS/PC under SunPC on SparcStation