New APL News Group
Author Message
 New APL News Group

A news group is now available for discussions of IBM APL2.  It can be
found at the following location:

Regards,
David Liebtag
IBM APL Products and Services

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New APL News Group
David,

The news group is brand new and some servers have not yet set up copies
of it.  I suspect this is why AOL doesn't show it yet.

We set up the group because we are consolidating some of our other
customer support tools into fewer and more widely accessable tools.  The
group is intended more for IBM APL2 support questions than general
language theory and comparison questions.

Regards,
David Liebtag
IBM APL Products and Services

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New APL News Group

Quote:

>A news group is now available for discussions of IBM APL2.  It can be
>found at the following location:

>Regards,
>David Liebtag
>IBM APL Products and Services

AOL. at least, does not currently recognize the existance of this group.

Why is a separate group needed for IBM's APL2?  Why not just use Comp.lang.apl?

                 -David E. Siegel

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 New APL News Group

Quote:

> >A news group is now available for discussions of IBM APL2.  It can be
> >found at the following location:

> >Regards,
> >David Liebtag
> >IBM APL Products and Services

> AOL. at least, does not currently recognize the existance of this group.

> Why is a separate group needed for IBM's APL2?  Why not just use Comp.lang.apl?

>                  -David E. Siegel

Hello David

Having been an IBM customer/enduser since 1968, I believe I know the business
decisions surrounding the necessity for distinctions.

1) Funding... IBMers can more easily fund their end-user contacts if the newsgroup
is isolated.
2) Legal... IBM is always worried about lawsuits. With their APL2 newsgroup, I
believe that they may be able to disallow certain inflamatory messages.
3)  Marketing. You can't really do marketing in the general news group.

--
Leslie Satenstein
Wilson Solutions

tel 450-687-4138
fax 450-687-6080

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. New local news group on news.totallyobjects.com

2. APL News and I-APL (New World)

3. please do not post to the apl news group

4. New to news group

5. New News Group for Clarion

6. RFD: new RPG news group

7. new news group proposal...

8. APL users group in NewYork/New Jersey???

9. FLORIDA FIRE VICTIMS - NEWS-GROUP-NEWS

10. A new group w/a new philosophy

11. APL character set (and Mail/News/Web)

12. Whither APL News?