OT - Conway Life Universal Computer
Author Message
 OT - Conway Life Universal Computer

Although APL wasn't used in in its contruction, I nevertheless thought some visitors to this group would like to know that I have created a Life Universal Computer.  You can find it at http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;If anyone can confirm or deny that it is the first such construction, I would be most interested. :)
--
Cheers, Paul

Tue, 03 May 2005 13:01:59 GMT
 OT - Conway Life Universal Computer
Thanks Paul - I looked and followed a few links. Life seems to have progressed a lot since
I lost interest in it in about 1985 (+- a year or so). Anyway, I spent an enjoyable hour
or two...

 > Although APL wasn't used in in its contruction, I nevertheless thought some visitors to
 > this group would like to know that I have created a Life Universal Computer.  You can
 > find it at http://www.igblan.com/ca.  If anyone can confirm or deny that it is the
 > first such construction, I would be most interested. :)

--

Bob Hoekstra:   APL & Unix Consultant
Tele:           +44 (0)1483 771028

Sun, 08 May 2005 20:35:33 GMT

1. Conway's Game of Life

2. Conway's game of Life

3. John Conway's game of life

4. Conway's Life

5. Conway' s Game of Life

6. OT: (humor) Dr Suess lives on, even the tech world

7. UCP (Universal Computer Protocol)

8. Universal Disassemblers vs. Universal MIILs

9. universal joins, universal stransmission shaft

10. Universal integer or universal expression

11. OT: computer crashes?

12. OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog