Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Author Message
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
information, please see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

-Greg Morrisett

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>information, please see:

>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
span that was possible for my schedule.

Dan.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:45:15 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Hello!

Quote:

>>A quick reminder that the ICFP Programming Contest starts
>>this Saturday at 5pm (US Eastern Standard Time).  For more
>>information, please see:
>>    http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/
>Dang, you guys managed to choose the single worst 3-day
>span that was possible for my schedule.

Me too.

Last year, I could only do the quick thing (one day), but that failed
because I had no compiler generating i386/Linux static binaries
(OpenBSD/i386 would have worked incl. static) and couldn't setup
one in the given time (not even the regular time).

This year, I'm away from in a few minutes till one week later.

Too bad... Especially after two years ago, my entry did perform
quite well even if I didn't spend too much time on it and it
wasn't *too* sophisticated.

Kind regards,

Hannah.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
world :-)

For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

-Greg Morrisett

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
> world :-)

One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

-kzm

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:28:14 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> For more info, see:  http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp/

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

--
Daniel de RAUGLAUDRE

http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

>> The ICFP programming contest task has been posted.  You have
>> a little less than 72 hours to convince people that your programming
>> skills and favorite programming environment are the best in the
>> world :-)

>One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

Probably because this year's project was too big for a decent 24 hour
implemention? (Just my guess...)

--

http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org
It was starting to rain on the night that they cried forever,

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

No good reason.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)
Yes, the Cornell web site for the contest (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/icfp)
has been flaky due to a bad switch.  It's been going up and down.  We've
got a psuedo mirror going at Bell Labs:

  http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/jhr/icfp

in case you can't get to the Cornell web site.

-Greg

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:

> > One question, though, why is there no longer a 'lightning' category?

> No good reason.

> -Greg

This quite annoyed me. I wasn't willing to spent 3 days on this, but
was quite willing to spend <24 hours. I'm sure a number of other
hackers felt the same way.  Are you sure this just wasn't an attep to
keep Lennart down :)?

Cheers,
Julian.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

Quote:
> This quite annoyed me. I wasn't willing to spent 3 days on this, but
> was quite willing to spend <24 hours. I'm sure a number of other
> hackers felt the same way.  Are you sure this just wasn't an attep to
> keep Lennart down :)?

Well, there's nothing saying you *had* to spend 3 days :-)

Seriously, we'll keep it in mind for next year.  And keeping Lennart
down is impossible.

-Greg

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 06:27:45 GMT

1. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

2. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

3. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

4. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

5. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

6. Reminder: ICFP programming contest (Sat)

7. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

8. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

9. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

10. Reminder -- ICFP functional programming contest starts Thursday!

11. Contest Registration (was: Re: ICFP Programming Contest (ii))

12. ICFP Programming Contest (i)