J Form Editor resizing a form?
Author Message
 J Form Editor resizing a form?

I am new to this forum. So hi everyone!

I am learning J with the J freeware kit V3.02.

Using the Form Editor, I choose baseform type. After selecting the OK
button, I click on Center: the OK button moves as expected to mid position.
I then attempt the same with the Cancel button (clicking on Cancel and
Center): the form width is decreased and the two buttons are not one above
the other as expected. Is this normal?

Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 J Form Editor resizing a form?

Quote:
> Using the Form Editor, I choose baseform type. After selecting the OK
> button, I click on Center: the OK button moves as expected to mid=20
> position. I then attempt the same with the Cancel button (clicking on=20
> Cancel and Center): the form width is decreased and the two buttons=20
> are not one above the other as expected. Is this normal?

What happens is a feature of the form editor to automatically
resize the window to accomodate for the controls in your form. You will =
notice that when you move a control outside the design window that the =
window automatically grows to=20
include your control. It likewise shrinks when you move the
rightmost control to the left or the lowest upwards. You can
manipulate the whereabouts of the controls in the script directly =
outside of the form editor if you want. The numbers after xywh. I =
usually use the form editor to create a rough image, adjust the controls =
in the script and then go into form edit again. I find it very easy to =
use this in combination.
/Gosi

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. J Form Editor resizing a form

2. VA3.0b - window resizing on form resize

3. Resizing forms

4. View Form / Update Form paradigm

5. READ-ONLY form - Can I DISABLE ALL controls on a form

6. browse on a form;form not saved

7. accessing form controls from another form

8. Let-form vs where-form--preferences and thoughts?

9. open a new form out of a form

10. multipart form data & other form values

11. No more temp files for each non_empty_file_field in multipart/form-dad forms

12. Resizing a form and all controls under NT in ASM