APL2/PC What's happening?
Author Message
 APL2/PC What's happening?

Thanks to those who answered my previous query ("Questions I hesitate...")

I have a few question concerning APL2/PC.

1.When was the last release?
2.Will there ever be another one?
3.Is IBM still selling it?
4.Was this the APL version that was developed by the IBM Madrid Scientific
Ctr?

Who sells J and how much does it cost?

Pls copy me yr answers by e-mail.

Thanks.

Thu, 25 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 APL2/PC What's happening?

During a recent trawl of the IBM UK publications
catalogue, I can across an item named "APL2 CD", part
number SK2T-9086-00.

Does anyone have any information as to what's on this
CD. It seems to cost very little ie. a tad over 5ukp.

Bill Donald                                                    G7ENQ
Euro Interconnect Signaling Systems                (44) 01628 431063

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country, are busy
driving cabs and cutting hair"                          George Burns

Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 APL2/PC What's happening?

Quote:

> Thanks to those who answered my previous query ("Questions I hesitate...")

> I have a few question concerning APL2/PC.

> 1.When was the last release?

    A loong time ago -- at least 5 years.

Quote:
> 2.Will there ever be another one?

    Well, the IBM folks have said "we're putting our resources
    elsewhere" which _I_ take to mean "nope".

Quote:
> 3.Is IBM still selling it?

    Yes.

Quote:
> 4.Was this the APL version that was developed by the IBM Madrid
>   Scientific Ctr?

    Initially, but it passed through the UK and then Santa Teresa
    en route to the current version.

Quote:
> Who sells J and how much does it cost?

    Iverson Software, Inc./Strand.  See URL http://www.jsoftware.com

    Cost depends.  You can get the interpreter and a lot of useful
    stuff to go along with it free for the downloading.  You can
    get the professional version with all bells, whistles, a mug
    and a T-shirt for under $600 (mug and T-shirt optional).

Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 APL2/PC What's happening?

Quote:

>> 4.Was this the APL version that was developed by the IBM Madrid
>>   Scientific Ctr?

>    Initially, but it passed through the UK and then Santa Teresa
>    en route to the current version.

Not exactly right. APL2/PC is  the last APL version developed jointly
by Madrid and Winchester Scientific Centers.

Sat, 27 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. APL2/PC What's happening?

2. Ordering IBM's APL2/PC

3. IBM's APL2/PC Version 1.02

4. IBM's APL2/PC

5. APL2/PC display font problem

6. DIF files & APL2/PC

7. APL2/PC display font problem

8. COMPLEX.QQ : necessary adjustments for use by APL2/PC

9. 32-bit APL2/PC under Windows

10. APL2/PC; ATF-file format

11. APL2/PC and DRDOS

12. memory managers & APL2/PC