Writing DLLs with MS-VC 6.00 for Dyalog APL...
Author Message
 Writing DLLs with MS-VC 6.00 for Dyalog APL...

Hi APLers,

   I am trying to pass a matrix from Dyalog to a DLL (that I am trying to
write, using MS VC 6). Whilst simple stuff like integers and char-vectors
worked fine, this seems to be more difficult because of the need to access
dyalog's internal strutures. To simplify this I wanted to use the
XFSRC-examples, but the header-files seem to contain a lot of
Watcom-specifics and the MS compiler produces quite a few errors. Dyadic
asked me to wait for Version 10, but sometimes I am a bit impatient ;-)

Does anyone of you have experience in that area?

Basically I need some clues on how to access the array's data, and
SUPPORT.C/getarray seemed to be the right tool for the job...

Cheers

Michael

Sun, 23 May 2004 01:32:41 GMT
 Writing DLLs with MS-VC 6.00 for Dyalog APL...
Michael,

don't really know much about what you are doing but I know passing arrays in
C one of my colleagues implemented "safe array" methods.  That seems to work
when passing dynamic arrays in and out of dll built in VC++6.0

Peter Emmenegger

Quote:
> Hi APLers,

>    I am trying to pass a matrix from Dyalog to a DLL (that I am trying to
> write, using MS VC 6). Whilst simple stuff like integers and char-vectors
> worked fine, this seems to be more difficult because of the need to access
> dyalog's internal strutures. To simplify this I wanted to use the
> XFSRC-examples, but the header-files seem to contain a lot of
> Watcom-specifics and the MS compiler produces quite a few errors. Dyadic
> asked me to wait for Version 10, but sometimes I am a bit impatient ;-)

> Does anyone of you have experience in that area?

> Basically I need some clues on how to access the array's data, and
> SUPPORT.C/getarray seemed to be the right tool for the job...

> Cheers

> Michael

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:21:37 GMT
 Writing DLLs with MS-VC 6.00 for Dyalog APL...

Quote:
> Michael,

> don't really know much about what you are doing but I know passing arrays
in
> C one of my colleagues implemented "safe array" methods.  That seems to
work
> when passing dynamic arrays in and out of dll built in VC++6.0

> Peter Emmenegger

Peter,

   thanks for the info - do you think it would be possible to share his
code?  I have a found a solution which works fine for my specific problem,
but it would great to check this against other code and perhaps learn
something there in order to make the thing more general...

Michael

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 16:22:18 GMT

1. How to link a DLL on MS VC 6.0

2. Trying to hire APL and DYALOG APL for Dallas

3. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS

4. Dyalog APL vs APL*PLUS UNX

5. Freeware Dyalog APL WSS for OO/APL and software management

6. APL*PLUS III vs Dyalog APL/W

7. Error using MS link 6.00 with clipper 5.3 and Clip-4-Win

8. Compatibility of MS Fortran & MS VC 6.0

9. Delphi2.0 DLL Interfere with VC++4.1 DLL when Dynamically Loaded

10. Fortran DLL vs VC dll

11. General Protection fault on read instruction, in a DLL written in MS Fortran 5.1

12. writing DLL with MS VC++ 5.0