NYC APLers
Author Message
 NYC APLers

Could NYC APLers post a message to say they're OK?  I'd like to know.

Thanks.

Cheers, Paul

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:43:34 GMT
 NYC APLers

Quote:

>Could NYC APLers post a message to say they're OK?  I'd like to know.

Okay here in Park Slope Brooklyn. Here's the view of lower Manhattan this
morning, from Brooklyn Heights:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=118126&a=867130&p=54065239&Sequ...

I had no software clients in the WTC, so I lost none. My closest clients
are in Lehman Bros, across West Street in the World Financial Center.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 00:21:41 GMT
 NYC APLers
On behalf of Russian APL users and from myself I'd like to express
that we really feel for all our American friends and colleagues,
especially those from New York.

It would be very nice to hear from you.

Yesterday I sent a message to Bob Armstrong who lives walking distance
from WTC and haven't received any answer yet. Have anybody heard
from Bob? From Lynne Shaw? (far enough from WTC, but still Manhattan).

We keep our fingers crossed,
Sasha.

Quote:

> Could NYC APLers post a message to say they're OK?  I'd like to know.

> Thanks.

> Cheers, Paul

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:53:42 GMT
 NYC APLers
Arthur Whitney has emailed me that he's OK.

Cheers, Paul

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 03:29:27 GMT
 NYC APLers
I heard from Chris Lincoln, Jon McGrew and Brian Redman that they are
well.

Sasha.

Quote:

> Could NYC APLers post a message to say they're OK?  I'd like to know.

> Thanks.

> Cheers, Paul

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:00:39 GMT
 NYC APLers

Quote:
>Yesterday I sent a message to Bob Armstrong who lives walking distance
>from WTC

Yes, but a long walk. Like 20 minutes. And until the past couple of hours
he was upwind.

Quote:
> and haven't received any answer yet. Have anybody heard
>from Bob?

I just tried to phone him. After several attempts to get through, I finally
got it to ring. No answer. My guess is he's staying with someone outside of
Lower Manhattan.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:54:55 GMT
 NYC APLers
I would like to echo the sentiments of Sasha and Paul

Lee{*filter*}ey

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:08:25 GMT
 NYC APLers
I am extremely worried about losing a 12 year user client for Windfall's
Mortgage Servicing Evaluation Model. Sandler O'Neill Mortgage Finance was on
Floor 104 of Tower 2 (South). They had 20 minutes before the second plane hit,
so I am optimistic, but still seriously upset and in the dark as to the
outcome.

This was the company headquarters.

Regards
Vess Irvine
Denver

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:57:15 GMT
 NYC APLers
Lynne Shaw has emailed me to say she is OK.

Cheers,Paul

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:56:14 GMT
 NYC APLers
I have heard from Mike Kent, Lynne Shaw, Jon Mcgrew, and John Mizel.
They're all okay.

David Liebtag

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:55:33 GMT
 NYC APLers
On 11-09-2001 at 11.01 PM our time
I wrote a message to Bob for asking after his well being ...
He hasn't responded so far!

Let's hope and pray that that fellow is alive and well!
--
Jan Karman

tel. +31 118 617608
NL 4331 ET  9

Quote:

> On behalf of Russian APL users and from myself I'd like to express
> that we really feel for all our American friends and colleagues,
> especially those from New York.

> It would be very nice to hear from you.

> Yesterday I sent a message to Bob Armstrong who lives walking distance
> from WTC and haven't received any answer yet. Have anybody heard
> from Bob? From Lynne Shaw? (far enough from WTC, but still Manhattan).

> We keep our fingers crossed,
> Sasha.

> > Could NYC APLers post a message to say they're OK?  I'd like to know.

> > Thanks.

> > Cheers, Paul

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:31:16 GMT
 NYC APLers
I have also emailed Bob - no response yet. Tried a friend of his as
well. Hope to hear soon. I'll post any response.

Bob Hoekstra

> Yesterday I sent a message to Bob Armstrong who lives walking distance
> from WTC and haven't received any answer yet. Have anybody heard
> from Bob? From Lynne Shaw? (far enough from WTC, but still Manhattan).

> We keep our fingers crossed,
> Sasha.

Bob Hoekstra:   APL & Unix Consultant
Tele:           +44 (0)1483 771028
                http://www.HoekstraSystems.com

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:10:13 GMT
 NYC APLers
Lower Manhattan (i.e., below Canal) was forcibly evacuated.
People who live and not just work there may be somewhat
challenged in the communications dept for the next few days.

-- O.L.

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:39:00 GMT
 NYC APLers

Quote:

> >Yesterday I sent a message to Bob Armstrong who lives walking distance
> >from WTC

> Yes, but a long walk. Like 20 minutes. And until the past couple of hours
> he was upwind.

> > and haven't received any answer yet. Have anybody heard
> >from Bob?

> I just tried to phone him. After several attempts to get through, I finally
> got it to ring. No answer. My guess is he's staying with someone outside of
> Lower Manhattan.

> Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Nobody over here in England has heard from Bob, despite several
attempts by phone and email.
Bob, if you're out there, let us know you're alive and well.

John Warden

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:44:31 GMT
 NYC APLers

Quote:
>Nobody over here in England has heard from Bob, despite several
>attempts by phone and email.

He lives within the evacuated zone. He is within the area with no
electricity and I believe no telephone service.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:39:22 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Re NYC APLers

2. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 July 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP KNOPPIX ASDF ILC

3. *US / NYC - Application Developers - C / Fortran/RDB - MidTown NYC*

4. *US / NYC - Application Developers - C/ Fortran/RDB - MidTown NYC*

5. *US /NYC - Application Developers - C/ Fortran/RDB - MidTown NYC*

6. *US /NYC - Application Developers - C/Fortran/RDB - MidTown NYC*

7. *US /NYC - Application Developers - C/Fortran/RDBMS - MidTown NYC*

8. *US/NYC - Application Developers - C/Fortran/RDBMS - MidTown NYC*

9. *US / NYC - Application Developers - C/Fortran/RDBMS - MidTown NYC*

10. *US/NYC - Application Developers - C/Fortran/RDBMS - Midtown NYC*

11. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 8 July 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP KNOPPIX ASDF ILC

12. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 12 August 2003 Lisp NYC: ROBOCUP and Lisp Outreach Planning