Documentation for J
Author Message
 Documentation for J

Greetings:

I'm interested in finding out if it is possible to obtain the
documentation for J in normal text format.

I have checked the ftp site and downloaded both the Dictionary/Intro doc
and the Users manual......only to discover that the *.hlp files apparently
can only be read from within the J software (some sort of online help, I
imagine).

If anyone knows where these documents are downladable in normal ascii
format, I would appreciate finding out.

Thank you.

Tue, 20 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Documentation for J

Quote:
Ohm377 writes:
>I'm interested in finding out if it is possible to obtain the
>documentation for J in normal text format.

>I have checked the ftp site and downloaded both the Dictionary/Intro doc
>and the Users manual......only to discover that the *.hlp files apparently
>can only be read from within the J software (some sort of online help, I
>imagine).

The *.hlp files are ordinary Windows help files and can be read directly from
Windows.

The files are essentially the same as the printed documentation.

There are no normal text versions of these files.

The J system itself is also on the ftp site (the FreeWare version), and you
can read the files within J, for example, you can copy and paste examples
into the J session.
.

Wed, 21 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

2. js.exception 3279.js

3. NB. gray.js: a J verb that generates a grayscale postscript image from a 2d array

4. lapackTest.js

5. profile.js

6. J script file profile.js

7. JS valueOf() in RB ?