configuration management and APL
Author Message
 configuration management and APL

I have a friend who programs in APL, and he wants to know a good
strategy for managing APL source code, preferably with RCS.  Is this
covered in a FAQ?  (Where on the net can it be found?)

Any words of wisdom you can offer that I can forward to my friend?

Thanks.

--

Peter J. Laughton

Chalk River Laboratories              Phone: (613) 584-3311, x. 4267
Chalk River, Ontario                    FAX: (613) 584-1108
CANADA  K0J 1J0

Sat, 01 Feb 1997 22:00:00 GMT
 configuration management and APL

Quote:

> I have a friend who programs in APL, and he wants to know a good
> strategy for managing APL source code, preferably with RCS.  Is this
> covered in a FAQ?  (Where on the net can it be found?)

> Any words of wisdom you can offer that I can forward to my friend?

Just possibly, maybe.

Jim Weigang's APL/ASCII-ASCII/APL transliteration code (which can
be obtained from the University of Waterloo's FTP archives maintained
by Lee{*filter*}ey) can be used to dump APL functions to an ASCII file [and
to recover the functions from such a file].  RCS just may be able to
handle the code in this format.

Another possibility is Martin Gfeller's port of MANAGE; if your friend
is using Dyalog APL this may be a good solution (it is not RCS, but an
APL-based APL-code management system).  I don't know if this has been
ported to any other APL systems, though.  Again, I believe you can find
MANAGE in the Waterloo FTP archives.

--

Thu, 06 Feb 1997 12:43:32 GMT

1. Freeware Dyalog APL WSS for OO/APL and software management

2. Configuration / Testing Management

3. Small Talk Configuration Management

4. Configuration / Testing Management

5. "Smalltalk-Contract (Configuration Management)-KS "

6. Configuration / Testing Management

7. ION Project Configuration Management

8. Configuration Management with Smalltalk and ENVY/Developer

9. Configuration Management?

10. Configuration Management Tools Question

11. Configuration / Testing Management

12. Configuration Management