APL on System/360 Model 40
Author Message
 APL on System/360 Model 40

Orange Coast College ran APL\360 on a Model 40 for a couple of years in the
late 1960's.  Had a 32 K workspace and ran on a 3 partition system.  Was fast
in those days.... very slow relative to todays times.

John R. Clark

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 APL on System/360 Model 40
It's all Mr. Clark's fault I learned APL.  I recal JR telling us that if we
couldn't write an application in 32K we should s{*filter*}our code and re-write!
<grins>

-Paul

Quote:
>Orange Coast College ran APL\360 on a Model 40 for a couple of years in the
>late 1960's.  Had a 32 K workspace and ran on a 3 partition system.  Was
fast
>in those days.... very slow relative to todays times.

>John R. Clark

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 360/40 APL RPQ

2. System/360 Model 44

3. APL\360 - Blast from the Past - Toronto APL SIG meeting

4. System 360 File System

5. Assembly Source for APL\360

6. APL\360 Computers

7. APL/360 Computers