2 running sessions APL+Win under Win95
Author Message
 2 running sessions APL+Win under Win95

Hi,

 I try to execute 2 running sessions or 2 runtimes with APL+Win under
Win95 with the following command inside a C program :

  sprintf(buf,"c:\\aplwin\\aplw.exe 8M user=%ld c:\\aplwin\\ws\\wrk"
         ,addclt);
  WinExec(buf, SW_SHOW);

But it seems that the second one doesn t want to start until the first
one is stopped. However I can start 2 sessions manager under Win95.

I have heard that there isn t such a problem under WinNT.

But does someone have a solution under Win95.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Remy.

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

:
:   sprintf(buf,"c:\\aplwin\\aplw.exe 8M user=%ld c:\\aplwin\\ws\\wrk"
:          ,addclt);
:   WinExec(buf, SW_SHOW);
:
: But it seems that the second one doesn t want to start until the first
: one is stopped. However I can start 2 sessions manager under Win95.
: I have heard that there isn t such a problem under WinNT.
: But does someone have a solution under Win95.
:

How about starting the second APL runtime from the first APL runtime
instead of from C? I have done that successfully in all Windows
environments using APL+Win.

My calling function row:

0 0{rho}#wcall 'WinExec' 'c:\aplw18\aplw aserver 1000000' 1

(After that, both APL's connected to each other using TCP/IP)

I remember that WinExec was tricky to get to work. I don't remember what
the 1 in the end does, but i think it's essential.

/ Tomas

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 2 running sessions APL+Win under Win95

Quote:

>Hi,

> I try to execute 2 running sessions or 2 runtimes with APL+Win under
>Win95 with the following command inside a C program :

>  sprintf(buf,"c:\\aplwin\\aplw.exe 8M user=%ld c:\\aplwin\\ws\\wrk"
>         ,addclt);
>  WinExec(buf, SW_SHOW);

>But it seems that the second one doesn t want to start until the first
>one is stopped. However I can start 2 sessions manager under Win95.

Check the SW_SHOWNA value for the second parameter to WinExec.
This specifies that "The active window remains active." thus allowing you
to make your second call..

--
|\/| Randy A MacDonald       | Bring me... BLUE PAGES!!!!

     BSc(Math) UNBF '83      | APL: If you can say it, it's done.

                             | Also http://www.godin.on.ca/randy
------------------------------------------------<-NTP>----{ gnat }-

Tue, 25 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. active x made on win95 won't run on win 2000/xp

2. Tk script won't run under Win95 if started from commandline

3. APL*PLUS ver 5.2 run under Win 2000?

4. APL+WIN and APL tutorials for CPCUG

5. APL+DOS to APL+WIN migration aid

6. Migrating APL+DOS to APL+WIN

7. Paradox and APL*PLUS II (Or APL+WIN) and Memo Fields

8. Win application experience with Win+APL?

9. CDD 3009 with GUI running on WIN95 dos box - Using BEEP or dataentry ERROR - HUNG WIN95

10. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

11. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

12. Clipper App runs slowly when moved to Pentium 4 PC running Win 98