Right to left cursor utility
Author Message
 Right to left cursor utility

Steve,

I don't know what format this msg was in, but it wasn't ascii text.  Please
don't post non-ascii msgs to comp.lang.apl.

[posted & emailed]

                 -David E. Siegel

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Right to left cursor utility
Right to left from message posted above but not readable:

"Dear Sir,

Has anyone written an APL Utility Function to move the cursor
right-to-left?

This would be very useful for work with Arabic and Hebrew letters.

Thank you very much.

Bob Ashworth, Retired, Springfield, IL"

Quote:
>I received this in the mail.  Anybody have any ideas?

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Right to left cursor utility
How about turning the monitor upside-down?

sa

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Right to left cursor utility

<snip>
Quote:
>"Dear Sir,

>Has anyone written an APL Utility Function to move the cursor
>right-to-left?

>This would be very useful for work with Arabic and Hebrew letters.

>Thank you very much.

<snip>

Microsoft supplies different versions of Windows to support this sort of
feature. It will support a line of text with (say) both Latin and Arabic
on it, and the cursor will move in the correct direction when inserting
text, depedant on the font in use. Many other features are also
supported. (eg When justyfing Arabic, its the words that are stretched,
not the spaces betwwen them.)

Refer to Microsofts Development Network (MSDN) for full details on
International versions of Windows.

Sorry I cant help you with other operating systems.
Ray Cannon
Computer Consultant and Webmaster of www.vector.org.uk

Compuserve account 100430,740

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Right, left, Right.

2. Right to left question

3. Hebrew and Right-to-Left

4. left mouse button = right mouse button

5. How to make a check right before leaving a program

6. Relational Trees - ? Scroll Left to Right

7. bold, italic, underline and right & left alignment

8. Hove to shift page numbers from left to right side depending on even uneven pagenumber

9. LEFT AND RIGHT ARROWS TO CHANGE SORT ORDER

10. Have a Get as a calculator (right to left)

11. More MF.Fun WORD-RIGHT and WORD-LEFT

12. Scroll front panel left and right using control