Looking for York APL
Author Message
 Looking for York APL

I would like to thank all those that replied via usenet and email on
this matter. I would have thanked you sooner but I got busy with
something else. I got in touch with Gord Ramer as well and got the bad
news. However I still have some leads to check out, for example the
Univerity of Rochester and Canada archives.

I want to get it as I used it a lot back in university and liked it
and as a Canadian I think that such an important Canadian program
deserves better than to die of bit rot.

...CPV

Quote:

>> Gord Ramer works as a consultant at Ezenet Inc, which was recently

>I just recently comunicated with Gord and he no longer has a copy.
>Sorry, I have no further suggestions.

>BTW, out of interest, why are you looking for a copy?

>Ted

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:52:11 GMT
 Looking for York APL
Can't help with your search, but you have a refreshing reason for preserving
bits.

I never hear of the dangers in the switch from paper to electronic media.
In fifty years time will anyone find a precious bundle of papers in the
attic?  I doubt it, more likely a floppy disk that cannot be read without a
visit to a museum.  In the bad old days important numbers were bound in
ledgers, and important words bound in books and published.

Today, all electronic documents seem to be equally unimportant, just a few
inches from the recycle bin.....or ....... time to reformat the hard disk
..... oops, there goes 1998 & 1999!

History for the years around the millenniun may prove to be just an array of
empty vectors.

Good luck in you hunt.

Quote:
> I would like to thank all those that replied via usenet and email on
> this matter. I would have thanked you sooner but I got busy with
> something else. I got in touch with Gord Ramer as well and got the bad
> news. However I still have some leads to check out, for example the
> Univerity of Rochester and Canada archives.

> I want to get it as I used it a lot back in university and liked it
> and as a Canadian I think that such an important Canadian program
> deserves better than to die of bit rot.

> ...CPV

> >> Gord Ramer works as a consultant at Ezenet Inc, which was recently

> >I just recently comunicated with Gord and he no longer has a copy.
> >Sorry, I have no further suggestions.

> >BTW, out of interest, why are you looking for a copy?

> >Ted

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:02:35 GMT

1. Looking for York APL

2. Looking for York APL

3. New York New York Smalltalk (Job)

4. Looking for I-APL or APL-90

5. SmallTallk - New York's top investment bank's looking for developers

6. Looking for User Group in New York

7. Looking for a job in Upstate New York area

8. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

9. Looking for Maximum Entropy code in APL

10. Looking for APL for Mac

11. Looking for an APL package

12. Looking for APL for Windows