APL control structures -- new
Author Message
 APL control structures -- new

I have been away from this list for a long time, but I want to comment on the
admixture of "classical 3rd generation control structures" to APL and J8, even
if I haven't seen either yet.
           I am wary of this development because I fear it'll lead to unidioma-
tic APL programming and the *forgetting* of the "de rigeur" APL idioms. It may
lead to programming habits comparable to using a functional language like LISP
in a non-functional way: ("exceptions", I believe they are called).
           I would rather learn idiomatic APL programming than follow "short-
cuts" which sacrifice style and execution speed.
           Object-oriented APL facilities and hooks into operating systems like
Windows and OS2 may be more congenial to me. It depends ...

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 07:15:09 GMT

1. Proposal for control structures in APL

2. Proposal for control structures in APL

3. Proposal for control structures in APL (SAMSON)

4. Control Structures in APL

5. Control Structures in APL

6. Control structures in APL

7. APL Control Structures