What is Quadio
Author Message
 What is Quadio

I saw the word "quadio" in this newsgroup, while searching Dejanews. But non
of the messages gone into dtail, about it's meaning.
Please post if you have some information.

Michael

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 What is Quadio

Quote:

> I saw the word "quadio" in this newsgroup, while searching Dejanews. But non
> of the messages gone into dtail, about it's meaning.
> Please post if you have some information.

It probably should have been spelled {quad}IO, where {quad} represents
the APL quad character, which looks like an unfilled rectangular box.

IBM adopted the convention of designating system functions and variables
with names in the form of a {quad} followed by two uc alpha characters.
These names are used in all current IBM APLs and most others.

{quad}IO is the system variable for "index origin."  It can be set to
either 0 or 1, and tells the interpreter where you prefer to start
counting things.  In particular, the first element of a vector V is
always V[{quad}IO]; you get to choose whether the elements of an n-
element vector are indexed by 0 through n-1 or by 1 through n.

--

"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." -- Abbie Hoffman

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuadIO

2. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

3. I am new to LabVIEW and I am having the classic problem of...

4. I am using LABview 5.0 and I am having difficulty with...

5. I am using a timed while loop and am unable to get the loop...

6. I am using HP 4263ALCR meter, and I am trying to use the...

7. I am working in LabVIEW 6i and I am wanting to build a exe in Apllication Builder

8. I am inputting my guitar tunes(.wav files) and I am trying...

9. I am not ale to compile my DLL when I am linking to...

10. I am wondering what I am going to do with the following simulation error.

11. I am looking for email address of Rodney W. Johnson

12. I am away, addresses for problems concerning APL94