Need Win Help Software
Author Message
 Need Win Help Software

I am looking for any software that will allow me to create Windows (16 or 32bit) help files.
Any suggestions, Ideas?

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Win Help Software

I use a software package called Forehelp 2.1.  It is a self contained help file  generator.
 Call Forehelp at (303) 499-9181.  They have a free demo copy that allows you to generate a
small help file.

Bob

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Win Help Software

Chris,

I use HELLLP! which is based on Word for Windows; here is a small text from
the version I have (mid 1994):

|HELLLP! v2.3a <ASP> Windows Help File Author aid for Word for Windows.
|Automatically sets up top level table of contents with jumps to topics,
|search keys etc. in place. Add additional jumps, sound effects, secondary
|windows by "Point & Shoot".

It allows multiple help windows linked to each other. It has been developed
by Edward Guy, Guy Software
               1752 Duchess Avenue
               West Vancouver
               British Columbia
               CANADA V7V 1P9
               e-mail: Compuserve 76244,324
Costs: $30(US) in North America ($40 elsewhere, $20 electronic
                                 subscription)

Alain
Avenue du Marathon, 6                     Ecology, Environment
B1348 Louvain-la-Neuve                    Bio & Agro-climatology
BELGIUM                                   Data processing
tel: (belgium)-10-45 11 92

Fri, 16 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Win Help Software

Quote:

>I am looking for any software that will allow me to create Windows (16 or 32bit) help files.
>Any suggestions, Ideas?

Probably the most widely-used and comprehensive help authoring
software is RoboHELP from Blue Sky Software. They have recently
announced WinHelp Office 95 HTML Edition and RoboHelp 95 HTML
Edition which (quoting from the promotional material) "allows users to
quickly and easily create both HTML and Windows Help files from a
single source."

It's not cheap, US$799/ 699 but they mention a competitive upgrade
program.

The phone numbers are 1-800-459-2361 in North America
                                          619-459-6366 international
URL                         http://www.blue-sky.com

If you are have a large budget you might swing an investigative trip
to check them out ---  in La Jolla California  ;)  But then there are
a number of products available *free* on the Internet.

Regards, Ros Fovargue

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

2. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

3. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

4. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

5. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

6. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

7. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

8. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

9. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

10. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

11. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

12. NEED YOUR HELP - IN RETURN COULD WIN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE