How see diskette drive A:
Author Message
 How see diskette drive A:

Can someone here tell me how can I see a DOS type text file in diskette
drive A:?  I'd sure appreciate it.

Gerry

--

Gerry

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 04:52:45 GMT
 How see diskette drive A:

Quote:

> Can someone here tell me how can I see a DOS type text file in diskette
> drive A:?  I'd sure appreciate it.

I'd have to say that, for me at least, this is a poorly formed question.
I have no clue what you mean by `See' or in what context (windows, unix,
inside some APL application? what?).

The simplest answer, I suppose is to type:
    TYPE a:\File.Nam
at the command line (or in a command-line window).

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:35:54 GMT
 How see diskette drive A:
Gerry,

I am not sure exactly in what context you are using the word "see".
If you mean how to access files from inside the IBM APL2 environment, you have
several different options for doing file I/O, from the simple external function
which reads the entire file as a byte stream, to associated processor 12 which
lets you operate on the file with APL primitives.    Check these sections of the
APL2 User's Guide:
  Associated Processors - Processor 12
  Associated Processors - Processor 10 - File Access Functions
  Supplied External Functions -  FILE
  Supplied Auxiliary Processors - AP 210
Using any of these methods, you can specifiy a complete path for your files,
including drive letter A: (or whatever drive letter is appropriate).

If you are already using one of these methods, and are simply having trouble or
an error accessing files on the A: drive, then that's another matter, please
explain more about what problem you are having.   Problems using IBM APL2 may be

Nancy Wheeler
APL Products and Serivces
IBM

Quote:

> Can someone here tell me how can I see a DOS type text file in diskette
> drive A:?  I'd sure appreciate it.

> Gerry

> --

> Gerry

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:10:54 GMT

1. Force recognition of new diskette in A: drive

2. Detecting Diskette in Disk Drive...

3. Copy file from network drive to local drive?

4. Listing Valid Drives and Drive Types

5. I look for a vi which allows to drive a stepper motor drive

6. Can I use Keithley 2182 drive instead of Keithley 181 drive with slight variations

7. Determining Fixed Drives From Floppy Drives

8. Relation logical drive - physical drive ?

9. Smalltalk-80 Mac Diskettes

10. Raw Diskette Read/Write

11. Getting Diskette Type

12. Damaged diskette - Help