REQ: Gen history/overview of APL
Author Message
 REQ: Gen history/overview of APL

I was hoping something on-line was available with the above information
in it, but I haven't been able to turn up anything.  As is probably
apparent, I am doing a short report, and good material on APL in general
is pretty scarce.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...\

Thanks,

Scot

--

Tue, 04 Feb 1997 01:14:00 GMT
 REQ: Gen history/overview of APL

Quote:
Scott Anderson writes:
>I was hoping something on-line was available with the above information
>in it, but I haven't been able to turn up anything.  As is probably
>apparent, I am doing a short report, and good material on APL in general
>is pretty scarce.

 I recommend A.D. Falkoff's article "The IBM family of APL systems"
 and Ken Iversons "A personal view of APL" in the IBM Systems Journal
 Vol 30, No 4 1991. Ken's article explains how J came about.

 -e

Wed, 05 Feb 1997 09:42:42 GMT

1. req: OO SQL gen module?

2. feature Req: editable history

3. T-Gen -- posting Don Robert's vw3.0 parcels for T-Gen

4. REQ: APL 7.0 (or greater

5. REQ: APL 7.0 (or greater for DOS) wanted

6. APL history

7. Early history of APL

8. Marcelo Rodrigues's view of the history of APL and J

9. pydoc req thread; readline req NO thread

10. I-APL, Vanguard APL, and APL.68000

11. Trying to hire APL and DYALOG APL for Dallas

12. Converting Dyalog APL Multiple Assignments to APL*PLUS