Ampere WS-1
Author Message
 Ampere WS-1

Ryu OOsaki was a great friend and pioneer . See
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;for our
 shared history .

 I , like Ed Shaw , have a couple of his machines .

 I lost touch with him in the late `80s and would certainly
 appreciate any contact info .

 -- Bob Armstrong -- http://www.*-*-*.com/ -- 212-285-1864
         K.CoSy Rapid Quantitative Modeling
               language and consulting
      *** New edition of  K.CoSy  next week ***
                  2001/10/09 10:53:55

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:55:22 GMT
 Ampere WS-1
Thanks for mentioning this great laptop, the WS-1! In around 1986 I
went to the Ampere headquarters in Tokyo and begged them to sell me
one, but they said they had no more units available. I was bummed! The
idea of a laptop designed around the APL language was a dream come
true.

And to this day, it's the sexiest laptop I have ever seen. Didn't it
win a design award or something? I heard a rumor that the designer of
the 280Z was involved in designing this machine.

It had some unique features as well, including a built-in answering
machine and microcassette dictation recorder.
Definitely ahead of its time.

-Stanley jordan
www.stanleyjordan.com

"Two ROMs don't make a write"

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:29:56 GMT

1. Ampere WS-1

2. Ampere WS-1 APL Laptop

3. Ampere WS-1 APL Laptop

4. ws-to-ws transfer

5. Ampere Portable APL Computer

6. Pferdemarkt.ws informiert! Newsletter 03/2003 http://www.pferdemarkt.ws

7. .WS and .SF encryption

9. EACH and WS FULL (was: Manugistics control strux example)

10. WS FULL

11. Looking for good APL encrytion algorithms for WS proctection

12. UN: ISIAPL WS UTILITIES