New Programmer
Author Message
 New Programmer

* CARBON COPY:
* Original was to ALL in 213-Lang.c++ on the DIGITEC BBS.

Help please!

I have set out to learn how to program - now the biggest opstacle in my way
is that I don't know where to start?
Is C++ a good place to start?
Or should I start with something more elementary?
I have no Programming Experience.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Andreas E.

---
. SPEED 1.40 [NR] .

----
Digitec Online - South Africa
Telnet Africa's most popular BBS on saturn.digitec.co.za

Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:43:00 GMT
 New Programmer

* CARBON COPY:
* Original was to ALL in 10-Clipper on the DIGITEC BBS.

Help please.

I want to learn how to program.I have had no previous experience - where do
I start. From what i've heard C++ is the best is this true and if so can
I go straight ahead and learn C++ or do I have to learn C first, or do I have
to learn something more elementary first ..eg. Pascal. And which C++ do I
choose..........Borland C++ ver 4 or Microsoft Visual C++ ver 1.5
People have told me that learning Basic first will give e bad programmimg
habits etc. is this true?
What is 'Clipper'.. should I learn this?
Please help I am very confused.

Andreas E.

---
. SPEED 1.40 [NR] . It's not job .... it's adventure.

----
Digitec Online - South Africa
Telnet Africa's most popular BBS on saturn.digitec.co.za

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:02:00 GMT

1. new user, new programmer

2. new user,new programmer

3. Help..!! I'm a new programmer

4. ad/course/website - Smalltak Training For New Programmers

5. New Programmer

6. New Programmer - Questions.

7. new programmer wondering what to learn

8. Information for new programmer

9. New programmer looking for help...

10. New programmer

11. NEw programmer