Are there any J idiom lists?
Author Message
 Are there any J idiom lists?

Are there and if not could this be a thread?

Thanks,
Ed

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 00:17:21 GMT
 Are there any J idiom lists?
: Are there and if not could this be a thread?
:
: Thanks,
: Ed

It seems to me I heard in some conversation that
there is a J phrase book in the works.  If I
remember correctly (hey, no promises about
my memory) it was
planned for this summer.  (APL95?)

How about posting questions about particular
idioms you are interested in.  I learn a lot
by browsing other peoples questions and the
answers thereto.

  Cliff

--
Clifford A. Reiter
Mathematics Department, Lafayette College

Thu, 04 Sep 1997 02:32:39 GMT
 Are there any J idiom lists?

Quote:
Reiter Clifford writes:

>: Are there and if not could this be a thread?
>:
>: Thanks,
>: Ed

>It seems to me I heard in some conversation that
>there is a J phrase book in the works.  If I
>remember correctly (hey, no promises about
>my memory) it was
>planned for this summer.  (APL95?)

 Eugene McDonnell has written an idiom list.

 He completed an original draft about 6 months ago
 but he wants to polish up some loose ends.

e-

Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:25:48 GMT

1. idiom for initial list of lists

2. JS-EAI with *JS*-callback

3. js.exception 3279.js

4. List of some ada Idioms

5. The proper idiom for sorting objects in a list by an arbitrary pr operty

6. Idiom for Getting Slices of a List

7. Q: what idiom for inserting an element in a list

8. Tcl idiom for manipulating list

9. Tiny Tcl Idiom - setting multiple vars from list with defaults

10. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

11. NB. gray.js: a J verb that generates a grayscale postscript image from a 2d array

12. lapackTest.js